Jared had the chance to go out with Mark on a Father/Son date. They looked all over for a special surprise. What he really wanted was a snorkel. Why? I am not sure. After much searching since it is the end of the swimming season, Mark finally found one. He had so much fun swimming today. He could swim the whole length of the pool without coming up. The other girls tried out his snorkel and they could not get it to work. They kept getting water in it. When Sarah asked why it worked for Jared, Madison replied, “Because he is a boy!” I guess because Jared is the only boy, when there is a strange phenomenon that they do not understand, the girls always default to gender differences. Jared is always grateful for the distinction. I just had to take a picture and share.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Snorkel Anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That is a cute picture. Maybe next time Zac is at your house he could give Jared a few tips on Snorkeling. His teacher had taught him how to go under water and then pop up and shoot the water out of the spout really high. I have to admit it was kind of cool looking. Also I have to give you kudos Amber for keeping up on your blog, it so much fun!
That is such a great picture! Jared is so stinkin cute. Just thinking about him swimming across the pool makes me feel like such a failure as a parent because my kids were telling me yesterday in the car that they didn't really want to go on the swimming field trip because it is lame with all the kids hanging out in the shallow end. I told then I was sorry I never taught them to swim and maybe I would do it next summer, what are the chances. I am so LAME!! I really hope that my kids don't drown, I need to get them lessons.
Anyway, what a cute picture and I am with Heather, kudos on the blogging. I love going to your blog and seeing that you have updated it so often, it is sooo great!! Love you, can't wait to see you on Saturday.
I am so impressed that he can swim the length of the pool with a snorkel on. I think I am the biggest spaz because everytime I go snorkeling I feel like I am going to drown and can't breathe. Craig ditches me and I am left stranded there for awhile trying to get my bearings. So, your girls may be on to something. It may be just a boy thing.
great photo and it is a boy thing. I have never had a problem with a snorkle. keep me updated.
Post a Comment