Today Jared came up to me and asked if I would help him read Rory the Lion. He climbed up onto the couch and snuggled in close. We opened the book and looked at the pictures. Then I would slowly read each word with him repeating. He would point to each word as we worked our way across the page. After a few pages we read the following passage,
"Then one night, Rory heard a real lion roar.
He ran to the window but the lion had gone."
Jared got to the word but and looked at me. Then he said in a questioning tone, "but?" He started laughing so had he could hardly stand it. He tried 5 times to read the page, however, when he got to the word "but" he could not help himself and would laugh hysterically. As everyone should know the word "but" to a five year old is hilarious. Even when I tried to explain it did not mean that kind of "but". Jared thought it was even more funny because mom had said it. We did not get through the whole book, BUT we sure had a good time.



2 comments:
I can understand Amber. One night when the boys did nothing BUT potty words, I turned to Byron and asked him, "When does it stop being funny?' He turned to me and said, "Do you still laugh?" Question answered!
Amber, I love that story. I remember teaching my kids to read and all that involved. Potty words never go out of style for boys, mine is almost 11 and still loves them! Sorry.
Post a Comment