Saturday, September 01, 2007

Is that homemade fresh grounded wheat bread? YES!

While I was in Utah I was able to buy a wheat grinder. I was so excited to make fresh grounded wheat bread. It turned out great. I know to some the smell of fresh baking bread and homemade jam gives you a warm fuzzy. And to others you simple roll your eyes, wondering why take the time. However, to all of you that enjoy the work that goes into homemade bread, I wish you were here to share it with me. And to all of you who roll your eyes, don't worry I may only do it as often as I blog!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Amber,

I want some of that bread!! It looks go great! I can't tell you how happy I am that Jared isn't bowling. And look you didn't even tell me that you updated, I was still checking. I am so proud of you. The slide show is amazing!! I love your blog. I really is so great to be able to see what you are doing and see pictures of those beautiful children. I love you and those kids.

lori said...

wahoo!

i love jared's bowling pictures and all, but. . .

thank heavens for the update! :)

fresh bread? i can almost smell it from here! seriously, i think i licked my computer screen! :)

who in their right mind would roll their eyes at someone who would grind their own wheat and make their own fresh bread?

not me, i want a piece of it!

yum, yum!

Trevor and Brooke said...

So glad to see you updated! It was so fun to see you and your family. Way too long since the last time. Send some of that bread this way!

Kristin said...

That bread look delicious! Please send the recipe my way! What kind of wheat grinder did you get?

heather said...

The bread looks great. My only question is, how long did it last?

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I'm impressed! Well, I guess if we have an emergency here I will go to Vegas to grind all of my wheat that I haven't bought for my 2 year supply of food. I always wonder what we are supposed to do if we had an emergency and a bunch of wheat, with nothing to grind it with. I better get on that and not only buy some wheat but also get a grinder. You've inspired me! The bread looks as good as Grandma's!

meg said...

Atta girl Amber,
You have just officially become the most amazing person I know. Not only are you home schooling your kids, reading and studying all the time, cooking dinner every night, getting up early every day, exercising, BLOGGING!, cleaning, and being such a nice person, you are making homemade bread! Wow, I'm exhausted just typing all of those things you do! :) Really though, you are wonderful!